True to its Basso DNA, the Astra is a thoroughbred racehorse ready to take you further, faster and with more confidence. The straight fork and rear triangle take design cues from their higher tier siblings in the Basso family and as such incorporate a similar level of reactive and responsive handling. Basso developed geometry studied to confer the perfect blend of snappy handling and acceleration and a comfortable position for the long haul.
Made by hand, in Italy, by Basso, The Astra frameset is constructed from 100% 3k Toray HM Carbon Fibre, and it’s capable of offering performance on par with the Diamante SV, even when lightly compromising on weight. A larger, more solid head tube joins with an extremely efficient downtube, made more so thanks to a particular form highlighted by its characteristic side “channel”. Both tubes couple with completely redesigned chain stays to confer fantastic power transfer thanks to a solid, reactive complete unit of lower tubes (head tube, down tube, chainstays).
Add to the prestigious structure of the new model several design characteristics most commonly seen in higher priced offerings, you have not only a podium worthy race bike, but one that represents a fantastic value proposition. The integrated seatpost clamp, internally routed cables, premium paint job and extremely minimal and sophisticated graphic design make for a beautiful ride that punches well above its weight in terms of tech, performance, reliability and value. The Astra Disc is ideal for riders looking for a high spec frame with technology and concepts of a World Tour rides, with a more modest price tag.
- Windshape: Shaped to make you faster. Each and every tube in the construction of the Diamante SV has been made to reduce aerodynamic drag to a minimum, thus allowing you the rider to move forward faster and with less effort. Our aerodynamic approach seeks to develop a versatile design that takes into account the highly variable wind situations and angles that the rider may find themselves in. Aero optimized not for the wind tunnel but rather for the real world.
- Carbon Fibre Frame Technology: Basso was among the first to research, develop and employ carbon in its frames. By not only building with carbon but researching new methods and techniques to continually improve performance, reliability and durability the Basso frame is an advanced piece of technology that rivals anything else on the market and rides like only a Basso can. The beauty of such technology is that the fantastic ride quality that derives from such engineering is permanent, making the Basso frame perform equally after several seasons’ use as it did on the first day. Invest in Basso Composite technology, it’ll pay dividends for your cycling future.
- 3B Vibration Dampening: The advantages of the 3B clamp system are multiple. Beautiful because of its simplicity and nearly invisible form, functional thanks to its ingenious design. Not only does the triple point clamping system confer a lightweight, extremely sturdy and reliable grip but it is designed in such a way to allow for an incredible amount of vibration dampening as well. Strong and safe grip, increased comfort and sleek design from one tiny component that most overlook.
- Sizes: L (56)
- Compatible with Electronic & Mechanical groupsets
- Cable Integration: Fully Integrated
- Brakes: Flat Mount Disc
- Bottom Bracket: BB86 86.5 X 41
- Headset: Fully Integrated
- Tyre Clearance:
- Thru Axles: 100/142mm x 12mm (125x165mm)
- Warranty: Covered under Basso’s 2 Year warranty
- Frameset Weight:** 850g
- Components: Shimano Ultegra 11x Hydro
- Chainset: Shimano Ultegra 11x 34/50t
- Disc Brakes: Shimano Ultegra Hydro
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 11x
- Chain: Shimano Ultegra 11x
- Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Boost SF
- Handlebar: Microtech XL
- Stem: 0 Deg
- Seatpost: Basso 15mm layback
- Wheelset: MR Lite Disc
- Tyres: Continental Ultra Sport 700x28c
Spec may be subject to change due to availability