In nature the diamond comes about over years and years of pressure that result in a precious gem whose beauty and timelessness knows no rival. The Basso Diamante is the result of years of hard work and research to develop the finest racing bike that is timeless not only in terms of performance and reliability but also timeless in form and beauty.
This frame is far more than all that meets the eye, Basso have eliminated all superfluous design elements and concentrates on its core mission: racing. The elegant and minimalistic design hides the story of an extremely complex design.
Made by hand, in Italy, by Basso, the Diamante represents a true representation of exactly what a fine, authentic Italian racing bike should be. Using only the finest high modulus carbon fibre from Toray, the Basso engineering staff have produced a frame capable of efficient performance that lasts and excels over all terrain. Tube shapes and carbon layup allow for a reactive frame with bottom bracket flex of a mere 0.4mm and a head tube torsion of an just 0.2mm; a 50% improvement over previous models. The new frame has been optimized to allow for up to 28mm tires, thus increasing even further the Diamanteâ€™s versatility.
The integrated head tube/top tube not only provides superior manoeuvrability but also helps front end look cleaner and adds to the aero aesthetic. This also features split spacers which provide easy adjustment which then lock into position to ensure they donâ€™t move or shift. These spacers feature an â€˜Internal Blocking Systemâ€™ to stop the cables from being pinched. The aero handlebar & stem combo for the Diamante SV is especially unique. Itâ€™s integrated to the frame, yet still modular in that you can adjust the handlebar fore and aft position to your liking. Full cable integration means a clean look throughout.
Like everything else Basso does, they’ve taken the idea of an integrated seat post and gone above and beyond what the industry have produced so far. The 3B seat post clamp system uses a rubber gusset surrounding the seat post which is capable of absorbing road vibrations in addition to representing one of the most elegant and effective solutions available.
Add that to the tried, trusted and approved Basso geometry an elegant front end that allows the flexible rider to achieve an extremely aggressive position while allowing the more upright rider to maintain a front end more compact in appearance. If looking good is half the battle then the Diamante has already won as its every fibre is meant for moving faster and in a more efficient manner yet its form is an example of undeniable Italian design and class. Functionally beautiful and beautifully functional: Basso Diamante. The Diamante is ideal for riders looking for a frame offering speed, stunning looks and modern Italian Design
* **Windshape**: Shaped to make you faster. Each and every tube in the construction of the Diamante SV has been made to reduce aerodynamic drag to a minimum, thus allowing you the rider to move forward faster and with less effort. Our aerodynamic approach seeks to develop a versatile design that takes into account the highly variable wind situations and angles that the rider may find themselves in. Aero optimized not for the wind tunnel but rather for the real world.
* **Carbon Fibre Frame Technology**: Basso was among the first to research, develop and employ carbon in its frames. By not only building with carbon but researching new methods and techniques to continually improve performance, reliability and durability the Basso frame is an advanced piece of technology that rivals anything else on the market and rides like only a Basso can. The beauty of such technology is that the fantastic ride quality that derives from such engineering is permanent, making the Basso frame perform equally after several seasonsâ€™ use as it did on the first day. Invest in Basso Composite technology, itâ€™ll pay dividends for your cycling future.
* **3B Vibration Dampening**: The advantages of the 3B clamp system are multiple. Beautiful because of its simplicity and nearly invisible form, functional thanks to its ingenious design. Not only does the triple point clamping system confer a lightweight, extremely sturdy and reliable grip but it is designed in such a way to allow for an incredible amount of vibration dampening as well. Strong and safe grip, increased comfort and sleek design from one tiny component that most overlook.
* Sizes: L (56), M (53), S (51), XL (58),
* Compatible with Electronic & Mechanical groupsets
* Cable Integration: Fully Integrated
* Brakes: Disc
* Bottom Bracket:
* Headset: Fully Integrated
* Tyre Clearance: Up to 28mm
* Thru Axle: Front: 125 x 12mm / 165mm x 12mm
* Warranty: Covered under Bassoâ€™s 2 Year warranty which can be extended by an extra year on registering your purchase with Basso
* Frameset Weight:** 780g
* Components: Campagnolo Chorus Disc 12x Hydro
* Chainset: Campagnolo Chorus 12x 34/50t
* Disc Brakes: Campagnolo Chorus Hydro
* Cassette: Campagnolo Chorus 12x 11/34t
* Chain: Campagnolo Chorus 12x
* Saddle: Prologo Dimension STN
* Handlebar: Deda Zero
* Stem/Seatpost: Basso Integrated
* Wheelset: Campagnolo Shamal Carbon DB 2-Way Fit
* Tyres: Schwalbe One Performance TLE 700x28c
**Spec may be subject to change due to availability**