When an increasing number of riders wanting to break free from the constraints of tarmac roads and seek the freedom that mixed surface riding provides, Basso answered their call. Our solution that remains faithful to our tradition and values for the road, while optimising for a new, varied terrain.
Gravel attracts cyclists for a wide variety of reasons but the Basso Palta attracts gravel riders for largely the same motives: quality craftsmanship, long lasting performance and a ride quality that begs for speed. The same qualities that have made the Basso frames so highly coveted on the road find themselves incorporated into the Palta, although adapted for the versatile nature of gravel. While others do gravel, #wedopalta
The word Palta, which in Italian dialect means â€œmudâ€ or â€œdirtâ€, has gained an international following and universal respect thanks to its unrivalled versatility. Gravel takes on several definitions but no matter how you choose to ride the Palta delivers a fantastic riding experience as if it were specifically designed for your particular type of riding for any given day. Compliant enough to smooth out the roughest terrain yet remaining as reactive and efficient as our road specific frames the Palta leaves even the most demanding cyclist wondering where this frame makes a compromise. Basso, since its inception, creates speed solutions for the road. The Palta maintains that same speed over any terrain, in comfort and control. Versatility has a new name: Palta.
Adventure requires the ability to adapt to a wide variety of conditions and the Palta does just that. Ample tire clearance for up to 42mm rubber allows the rider to dial his or her ride perfectly for the road, the rough stuff and everything in between. The meticulously studied layup of the 100% Toray ca High Modulus carbon fibre used in the Paltaâ€™s construction, along with its unconventional gravel shape, leave the rider amazed at just how smooth a reactive and fast frame can be across all terrain. the uncompromising Palta is to the gravel world what the multi-tool is to your saddle bagâ€¦perfectly designed and completely essential.
With over 40 years of expertise in developing efficient geometries, Basso has developed an innovative solution that combines both comfort and performance and ensures fantastic handling in all situations. The specially developed Palta fork stands out and is fundamental to allowing for both great versatility amongst varied terrain, in addition to a geometry that provides comfort and efficiency while allowing for near road-like positioning if need be.
New terrain, same philosophy. Beautifully functional, functionally beautiful. Made for speed, made to last, made by Basso.
The Palta is ideal for riders looking for a bike for road riding, gravel racing, cross riding or epic multi-day adventure rides, that can take them anywhere, across any terrain, with no compromise on speed or looks.
* **Carbon Fibre Frame Technology**: Basso was among the first to research, develop and employ carbon in its frames. By not only building with carbon but researching new methods and techniques to continually improve performance, reliability and durability the Basso frame is an advanced piece of technology that rivals anything else on the market and rides like only a Basso can. The beauty of such technology is that the fantastic ride quality that derives from such engineering is permanent, making the Basso frame perform equally after several seasons use as it did on the first day. Invest in Basso Composite technology, it'll pay dividends for your cycling future.
* Sizes: L (56), M (53), S (51), XL (58),
* Compatible with Electronic & Mechanical groupsets
* Cable Integration: Fully Integrated
* Brakes: Disc
* Bottom Bracket:
* Headset: Fully Integrated
* Tyre Clearance: Up to 42mm
* Thru Axle: Front: 125 x 12mm / 165mm x 12mm
* 7 bottle Cage bolts for carrying up to 3 water bottles
* Warranty: Covered under Bassoâ€™s 2 Year warranty
* Frameset Weight:** 780g
* Components: Shimano GRX 1×11 Hydro
* Chainset: Shimano GRX 1×11 40T
* Disc Brakes: Shimano GRX Hydro
* Cassette: Shimano SLX 11x 11/42T
* Chain: KMC 11x
* Saddle: Selle Italia Model X
* Handlebar: Deda Gravel100
* Stem/Seatpost: Basso Integrated
* Wheelset: Vision Team 30 TLR Disc
* Tyres: Impac CrossPac 700x38c