The Volta brings anyone the possibility of anywhere for as long as they like. Adding watts and volts to make every ride as fun as the first one.
The Volta, like the rest of the Basso range has been lovingly hand made with the same high quality carbon fibre layup as the rest of their gravel bikes. This means that although the bike has been made for everyone to appreciate, it still contains the lightweight and performance-orientated DNA that Basso is known for.
Basso put a lot of thought into the motor used for the Volta. It had to match the idea of the Volta and marry perfectly with what Basso wanted to achieve with the bike. The motor decided upon was the Polini E-P3, designed and made in Italy. Weighing in at 2.8kg and providing 250W of power (500w maximum), it provides the best weight to power ratio available in an E-Bike Motor.
Thanks to the specifically designed frame shape, it can also carry multiple bags throughout the frame, on the seat post and across the handlebars meaning you can be out all day and carry everything you need. The Dot Matrix digital handlebar display is water resistant, with a IP65 Twilight sensor, Bluetooth, light control and an integrated battery level display.
Like everything else Basso does, they’ve taken the idea of an integrated seat post and gone above and beyond what the industry have produced so far. The 3B seatpost clamp system uses a rubber gusset surrounding the seat post which is capable of absorbing road vibrations in addition to representing one of the most elegant and effective solutions available.
The Volta has been built to be as versatile as possible, ready for anything you throw at it. Two bottle cage mounts with lots of luggage space throughout. Put some thinner tyres onto the Volta and it’s transformed into a road machine that can handle and manoeuvre like an expensive road bike. Attach pannier racks to the front and back and you’ve instantly got a bike that is ideal for quick and easy daily commuting.
- Carbon Fibre Frame Technology: Basso was among the first to research, develop and employ carbon in its frames. By not only building with carbon but researching new methods and techniques to continually improve performance, reliability and durability the Basso frame is an advanced piece of technology that rivals anything else on the market and rides like only a Basso can. The beauty of such technology is that the fantastic ride quality that derives from such engineering is permanent, making the Basso frame perform equally after several seasons’ use as it did on the first day. Invest in Basso Composite technology, it’ll pay dividends for your cycling future.
- Sizes: L (56), M (53), S (51), XL (58),
- Cable Integration: Fully Integrated
- Brakes: Disc
- Bottom Bracket:
- Headset: Fully Integrated
- Tyre Clearance: 45mm
- Thru Axle: Front: 125 x 12mm / 165mm x 12mm
- Motor & Battery: Polini E-P3 motor & battery (up to 220km range)
- Power: 250watt (500watt maximum)
- Motor weight: 2.8kg
- Torque value: 70Nm
- Battery: 500Wh
- Polini E-P3 motor and battery (up to 220 Km range)
- Power: 250 Watt (500 Watt Maximum wattage)
- Motor Weight: 2.8kg
- Torque value: over 70Nm
- Battery: 500Wh
- 3K Toray HMCF T700-MR60 carbon construction
- 3B clamp system: 3-bolt integrated seat clamp
- Components: SRAM Apex Disc 11x Hydro
- Chainset: SRAM Apex 11x 44T
- Disc Brakes: SRAM Apex Disc Hydro
- Cassette: SRAM Apex 11x 11/42t
- Chain: SRAM Apex 11x
- Saddle: TBC
- Handlebar/Stem/Seatpost: Basso
- Wheelset: MT MX25 Disc
- Tyres: TBC
Spec may be subject to change due to availability