New Palta II builds on expertise gained from Basso’s extremely successful first model. While others tried to define gravel, Basso followed its own path. Born in racing and competitive by nature the Palta saw such great success as it applied the fantastic handling and ride quality from its years of expertise building road frames and applied them to a more versatile platform that was able to take on anything and do so at speed. The proof that adventure can be competitive, that performance doesn’t require a race number, that exploration is better with adrenaline and speed… comes in the form of Palta II.
The word Palta, which in Italian dialect means “mud” or “dirt”, has gained an international following and universal respect thanks to its unrivalled versatility. Gravel takes on several definitions but no matter how you choose to ride the Palta delivers a fantastic riding experience as if it were specifically designed for your particular type of riding for any given day. Compliant enough to smooth out the roughest terrain yet remaining as reactive and efficient as our road specific frames the Palta leaves even the most demanding cyclist wondering where this frame makes a compromise. Basso, since its inception, creates speed solutions for the road. The Palta maintains that same speed over any terrain, in comfort and control. Versatility has a new name: Palta.
NEW Frame & Fork
- New design for the frame and fork with optimized carbon lay-up. Engineered for extreme performance as well as comfort, plus increased resistance to impact
- The geometry of the fork blades offers precise handling as well as effective vibration dampening.
- Increased tyre clearance of up to 45mm tyres with 700c wheels
- Compatible with 1x or 2x Road & Gravel groupsets up to 52/36 chainrings
- Minor changes have been made to the extremely versatile original Palta geometry:
- An increased sloping value to allow more seatpost exposure for more comfort
- A taller headtube for less spacers and more comfort. However, those seeking a more racing profile can still mount the stem flush with the headtube for a lower stack
NEW Design features
- 2nd Generation 3B Clamp system for the seatpost – hidden and invisible on the frame, its anti-vibration, lightweight and super strong
- Removable polymer shield for the downtube which can be fitted when riding on very rough gravel
- Hidden bolts on the top tube to accommodate compatible bags
- 3 different bottle cage positions (2 on the downtube, 1 on the seat tube)
- A stem lock system is incorporated into the headset to eliminate the possibility of impact from the bars against the top tube, in the event of a fall or crash
- New adventure focused headunit mount (compatible with Garmin and Wahoo) for the Palta (available to purchase separately)
NEW Paradigma Integration System
- COMPATIBILTY: Basso wanted to create a solution for the complete integration of cables with all types of disc brake groupsets (1x/2x, electronic and mechanical)
- HANDLING: Many cables needing to run though a space space often results in slow and heavy steering. Basso, through the Paradigma system has been able to integrate mechanical cable groups with the front derailleur, maintaining maximum steering lightness and precise handling.
- PRACTICIALITY: The Paradigma Stem remains free from cables so that it can be removed at any time without the need to disconnect the cables. This makes it easier to maintain your bike, transport it in a travel case or bag, and change the length of your stem.
Basso Carbon Gravel Handlebar
Included with the Palta frameset, Basso’s Carbon gravel Bar has been developed from scratch, with a focus on road comfort. The diameter of the bar has been reduced to accommodate 4.5mm thick bar tape. A detailed study of ergonomics in all hand positions (tops to drops) has produced a bar with a 8 degree flare and a 122mm drop. It can be used with either integrated or semi-integrated cable routing and is available in 5 sizes.
The number of tools required to make any adjustments to the Palta frame has been reduced for simplicity and to reduce the weight you need to carry on your next adventure. Thanks to the Palta’s innovative Thru Axles which contain tooling, you’ll always have what you need right at hand.
Carbon Fibre Frame Technology
Basso was among the first to research, develop and employ carbon in its frames. By not only building with carbon but researching new methods and techniques to continually improve performance, reliability and durability the Basso frame is an advanced piece of technology that rivals anything else on the market and rides like only a Basso can. The beauty of such technology is that the fantastic ride quality that derives from such engineering is permanent, making the Basso frame perform equally after several seasons use as it did on the first day. Invest in Basso Composite technology, it’ll pay dividends for your cycling future. All Basso frames and forks are handmade in Italy.
- Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL
- Compatible with: Road or Gravel Electronic & Mechanical groupsets
- Cable Integration: Fully Integrated
- Brakes: Disc
- Bottom Bracket:
- Headset: Fully Integrated
- Tyre Clearance: Up to 42mm
- Thru Axles: 100/142mm x 12mm (125x165mm)
- 7 bottle Cage bolts for carrying up to 3 water bottles
- Warranty: Covered under Basso’s 2 Year warranty
- Frameset Weight:
- Made in Italy
- Components: Campagnolo Ekar 13x Hydro
- Chainset: Campagnolo Ekar 13x 40T
- Disc Brakes: Campagnolo Ekar Hydro
- Cassette Campagnolo Ekar 13x 9/42T
- Chain: Campagnolo Ekar 13x
- Saddle: Selle Italia Model X
- Handlebar/Stem/Seatpost: Basso Paradigma
- Wheelset: Campagnolo Shamal C17 Disc Brake
- Tyres: Schwalbe CX Comp 700x38c
Spec may be subject to change due to availability